My name is Jeroen Goulooze, I can help you to present yourself on the internet in a useful way. If you you need a website, we can get together and discuss what you expect from your internet presence, what the look and feel should be and what functionality would fit your goals. If you think I am the right person to do the job and if I think I am able to fulfill your needs we can work together. We then start out by writing a plan that describes the various aspects of your website and based on that I can create that website for you, but always in close cooperation with you. The end result will be a tailor made website, designed and developed to meet your needs. And as an extra I can also offer you hosting and support so you will have someone by your side that knows your website inside-out for questions and problem solving
I've been working as a freelance web designer since 2005 (most of that time in Berlin where I live), but started out as a web-editor in 1996 when working as a journalist for an online-magazine in the Netherlands and from there I moved into web design. Between that time and now I have had various web-related jobs, among them working as a web editor for the website of a major mobile telco in the Netherlands and working for various (web) design firms in the Netherlands and in Germany.
Because my career started in the days the web was still young I have seen various technologies come and go (Explorer 3 was released the year I started working for the web) and I therefor favor simple solutions and compatibility over the latest technological trends because it will ensure that the visitors of your site have the best experience possible.
My services include:
- Web-design: in cooperation with my client I create a design and discuss the functionality you want to help you make the right decisions
- Coding and templating: I convert a design I made or a design you made and into hand coded web ready templates that will be tested in the most used browsers of today
- Content Management System (CMS): I can also offer you a CMS. A CMS is an online program that lets you manage the content for your website and manage the structure of you website (create new pages and menu items) without needing knowledge of web-design or coding for the web.
- Services for Designers: If you are a designer I can offer you my advice and give feedback on your designs to tell you if they are web-ready and I can explain the various things you have to pay attention to. I can also explain various options todays browsers offer.
Services for Designers
With Services for Designers I support designers who are less experienced in working for the web, and I offer support for those designers who do not want to deal with the coding and programming part of web-design.
- I offer support and advice during the design phase.
- I code for you, thereby turning your designs into standard compliant (XHTML 1.1 / CSS2) templates
- I can also offer to turn them into a CMS (Content Management System) based on Silverstripe.
- On top of that I can also take care of the hosting for you
In short: As a designer you get access to my knowledge and experience, and I make sure you can offer your clients a web ready product with eventually even hosting and support.
There are some things that are important for you to realize when cooperating with me:
- It is important for me that the people you work for are your clients, not mine. During the design phase I will not contact your client, nor should I during the coding phase. But the CMS system that I implement comes with support and your clients need to get an introduction into that CMS. I therefor need to contact your clients and your clients need to be able to contact me when they have questions (and in my experience they always will, and it ensures that the customer is satisfied with a project when they know how to use it).
- In order to successfully create a website for your client based on your designs I need to have access to your designs in digital form and you have to be aware I might need you to work in a certain way - this will be discussed beforehand. This might mean you have to work differently from the way you are used to work. In short: a 300 dpi tif image is not what I need, I need to have a layered psd at 72 dpi (screen resolution).
- Certain things work differently for web as compared to print. You have to think about the flow of text and elements on your page, you have to be aware of the way your layout might change based on different screen sizes, and you have to think about what happens when the visitor of a site hovers over an element or clicks on it (in a menu for instance). These are some of the things you have to think about.
- The web is advancing with great strides - and I have seen it advance enormously since the days of Explorer 2 / Netscape 2. However there are limitations - and my guess is there always will be. There might be certain things you heard about that you would love me to implement, but it could be that these things are outdated, proven not to work from a usability stand point or these things might work in some browsers but not in others because they are too new (and therefor still need a few years to become a usable standard).
- Based on the previous point it might be that you need to create not one but two designs: one for the visitors of the website who have more modern computers and use browsers that are ready for more modern features and the other design for people who have less modern computers/ less advanced browsers or who choose not to enable certain features.
Later - in the chapters on the right - I will start to explain various points that might be of interest to you if you want to design for the web and are not or do not want to be a coder.
Art / Alien Saints Project
Under the name AnnoMedia I offer web-design, coding/templating and services for designers. Under the name Alien Saints I offer designs for the people who are interested in something different. Alien-Saints.com is the website where I show my art, but it is also the entry point for those who want something a bit more extreme.
Contact / Impressum
My name is Jeroen Goulooze. And I am a freelance webdesigner/coder. I live and work in Berlin, Neukölln (Hermannstrasse 48, 12049 Berlin to be exact). My website is www.AnnoMedia.com.
I can be contacted by phone with the number (++49) (0)15 772 753 760.
You can also contact me by email.